Saturday, January 21, 2006

Just Pondering...

Psalm 139:23
Search me, O God,
and know my heart;
Try me
and know my anxious thoughts;Posted by Picasa
I wrote a poem one day called "You Are My God"
I guess it's a poem... one that doesn't rhyme.

It came to mind as a result of studying God's Word:


God weighs my heart and judges me righteously;
He tests my mind and His eyes penetrate the depths of my soul.
I cannot hide.

He knows my ways and this comforts me;
He consoles me through trials and when in sin, I fear Him.
He sees all of me.

He does not consume me but His mercy overwhelms me;
His presence calms me but His silence pains me.
Where are You?

I wait.
I seek.
Silence.

Have I kept not Your way?
Have I denied You?
I am so thirsty!

Have I withheld myself from You?
As You withhold Yourself from me?

The pain I must cause You!

Your eyes... You have not withdrawn from me.
You direct my footing, count my steps and hear my cry!
Your guiding hand righteouslychastises me!

Molds me.
Keeps me.
Rest.

You understand me and know me.
You want the best for me.
You are my God!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You really ought to make this into a song. It's beautiful.

11:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home