Sunday, February 19, 2006

Easier Left Unspoken...


Ronald Reagan published a booklet during an election year called "Abortion and the Conscience of a Nation." http://www.nationalreview.com/document/reagan200406101030.asp
This was considered political suicide... and yet, he was re-elected. (providentially)
In this book, Reagan wrote, "We cannot diminish the value of one category of human life --the unborn-- without diminshing the value of all human life." Reagan also stated that abortion is the "greatest moral crisis facing our country today... it is not for us to decide who is worthy to live and who is not."

The first time I spoke a similar testimony to what I am writing on this blog was at a fund-raising banquet for Care-Net Pregnancy Center. When I was done, I got down from the podium and went to the bathroom and wept. In the background I could hear a standing ovation... applause that went on and on. And it dawned on me how thankful I was that I left the room, for it wasn't me getting applauded, but my Lord... To Him be ALL the glory.

The things I write of today may seem easier left unspoken, buried... forgotten. But where would that leave us if we do not take a stand against this mass-murder of innocent life? Ignorance is NEVER an excuse. We MUST educate ourselves to the reality of the horrors taking place... and what is amazing, is that I have toned this down, and yet it is still horrid.

I also want to begin by saying I DO NOT CONDONE violent action against abortion clinics and doctors that perform such murder. What I do condone is GODLY ACTIVISTS. WE MUST reflect the COMPASSION of CHRIST on this issue when we fight for those babies' lives.

One of my favorite preachers (guess who) said: "...The Saviour is, by His Spirit, still on earth; let this truth encourage us. He is always in the midst of the fight... and as the conflict rages, what a sweet satisfaction it is to know that the Lord Jesus, in His office as our GREAT INTERCESSOR, is powerfully interceding for His people! O anxious gazer, do not look so much at the battle below, for there you will be enshrouded with smoke and amazed with garments rolled in blood. Instead, lift your eyes yonder where the Saviour lives and pleads, for while He intercedes, the cause of God is safe. LET US FIGHT AS THOUGH IT ALL DEPENDED ON US, BUT LET US LOOK UP AND KNOW THAT IT ALL DEPENDS ON HIM..."

There are people out there doing this now... They have rolled up their sleeves to fight, though enshrouded by smoke and garments covered in blood spilled by the innocent life of the unborn. They fight as though it really does all depend on them, yet they know they must look up to the One whom the innocent take refuge.
Who are these people? Places like Care-Net and Crisis Pregnancy Center... where they lovingly counsel young ladies, teens, woman who are still torn to peices by what they have done.

This technologically impaired mother of many is in the process of making available a link for you to listen to my radio testimony... thus saving my fingers from alot of typing. I will update you when that happens. In the mean time, I will post written excerpts from this testimony.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home