Friday, February 17, 2006

Excuseless and Senseless

The closer I get to the Lord and the more I try to live for Him,
the more I mourn over all that dishonours Him..

My failures are many, excuseless and senseless...
but yet He makes known to me His mercy & grace.

I have dishonoured Him even in my attempts to live for Him;
For all that I do is tainted with sin.
... and yet, He forgives, He comforts, He assures.

Sorrowful in this flesh, this body of death;
And yet REJOICING in the sweetness, the precious promises of His Word.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

This is true for me. It's like the more I learn, the stupider I become

10:31 AM  
Blogger 4given said...

Yes, the more I learn... the more aware of my sinfulness I become... the more aware of His holiness I become... the more aware of His mercy & grace I become.

3:23 AM  
Blogger 4given said...

Another sleepless night as I lay praying for an agnostic friend in pain...

3:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home