Saturday, March 04, 2006

Adoption and Attachment Disorders from a Biblical Perspective

My husband and I adopted twins last year. I use to be their Great Aunt. Now I get to be their mommy. It hasn't been easy (here is a link to a bit of the challenges we have encountered http://god-willing.blogspot.com/2006/02/i-have-been-diagnosed-with-insanabile.html ) But words cannot describe how much I love these boys.
I posed a question to friends of mine that have 11 children... 8 are adopted international teens, some are from disruption adoptions. Disruption adoptions are those in which someone else originally adopted the child and decided that it wasn't working out, so they put them up for adoption again.
The question I posed to this family is:
"From a Biblical perspective, what are your thoughts on "attachment disorder" or "reactive attachment disorder" and the prevailing thought that it must be treated by a professional psychologist with a Post-Traumatic-Stress-Disorder approach?"
Go to this link for their answer: Nihilo: Attachment Disorders
These people are the professionals... they live it daily. The psychologists learn from books and distant observation.

1 Comments:

Blogger 4given said...

Thank you for loving your wife. She is a better one for having a husband, like I have, that supports and encourages her in her calling of Biblical womanhood.
By the time I was done plugging in all things motherly in the Spurgeon quote, I cried. It is hard work... the hardest job I have ever had. But in turn, the most rewarding.
For those of you that do not know what we are talking about, go to the Teampyro site:
"http://teampyro.blogspot.com/2006/03/spurgeon-galore.html" and read the comments.

9:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home